Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Funky, The Fun, The Young...and YOU

Industrial vintage, that really means exactly what it says...the year is the time the industiral revolution happned.  Now of course, we're in the technical revolution.  Back then it was a hugely new idea of sleekness, promise, ease, comfort and simplicity.  Oh, and did I mention shine?  I'm loving the young feeling it brings me.  You know when room is stagnant and stuffy when it's there just to be there, like an afterthought.  Uusally a space speaks volumes about a person's personality, likes, dislikes and even attitude.  It's sort of like a second language. 

Anyway, back to the sleek look which I've been obsessing over lately.  In vintage idustrial, there are always pieces that reflects industry and the design that helped make things simple, easy, and closer to the space-age. The great thing about people who are drawn to this is that they always mix their great finds with other textural, older, and sometimes even colorful pieces.  Example:



Los Angeles Central Library....1926

Notice that the building looks sleek and clean but has the beautiful intrinsic rooftop.

Vintage Rolling Display Cart Model 1
I love this shelving unit...vintage industrial?  Seems to fit.
1 Pair of GC O.C. White Lamps/Lights




Pair of Industrial Side/End TablesEnd tables...(above)  Favorites of mine.








Vintage Two Door Metal Coat Closet


This is sooo cool..and it's not wood, it's metal.


Vintage Rubber Glove Mold Hand Cage Light

This is a 'rubber glove mold' a whimisical, funky accessory that really makes interesting art.

How cool is the below pic...I'd love seeing that framed on the wall.Vintage "Paul Furtscheller Zoological Wall-Plates"
Vintage Bent Plywood Toledo Chair
Okay, wanna hear something really, really sad?  I had a chair just like this and sold it.........yeah! 'nuff said!!!


The table below would make an amazing dining table wouldn't it????? 










Vintage Industrial Free Form Wooden - English Elm Adjustable Tab

See what I'm saying...??? Industrial vintage..it has a soft look as well as sturdy, stable and like it's always belonged.

I am sooo ready to get to my new home because I have no idea how to put all my great stuff together to make one, funky, young, HAPPY statement. 

I am not supposed to be buying things....but I found some amazingly great stuff online...ebay to be exact. The buyer who owns these things have collected these over the years and is now selling...the sellers name 'skullswe3    (Don't you just love that name?  I'm already thinking of a jingle that goes with it.  Definately look her up if you want a great deal...pluss she's great at communication!)  Here are a few of her (and my) favorite things...and yes, they're for sale.

Item imageAWESOME vintage paper weight. (and the bid is ONLY up to $7.95....I told you.)



Item image

Seriously cool metal basket...seriously great price....right now, it's only $6.50  O. M. G. 


Item image

I want this....it's a mid-century locker basket.  Can't you just see this on top of a fridge or on top of a primitive china cabinet (like MINE)  This amazing container/vintage industrial accessory is starting at $14.50.

Item image

I tried to enlarge this, but it's a 7 foot  metal ladder with a green faded paint...Okay, think bathroom...haning towels from this.  Guess what the starting bid is ????? .99 cents.  mmmm hhhmm

Item image


Old milk bottle with green, painted name and pics...Love this and it would look great with daisies, or any sort of live flower...Again, 99 cents starting bid....geeeeeeeeeeez louise!  Adorable and young.

Item image

Another fave of mine from skullswe3 on ebay...It's a funky, wicker ball hanging light fixture.  Starting price, 16.50.



Item image

Okay, fave, fave, fave!!!!!!!!!!  These are the real deals...and you can buy all of them for a little over $40....

Item image




Okay,  have you been convinced to check these items out if you're a fan of industrial vintage to add a couple of these things for your funky, fun, young side to show up in your space...

I'll show you how I'm going to incoporate some great things I bought when I finally move in to our new space out west...Until next time all you wonderful people....have a great one and don't forget to be fun.....

No comments:

Post a Comment