Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Our Christmas Journey

Usually I absolutley love white christmases, not this year.  Phil and I were able to just get in the car and drive 1200 miles to see our babies and grandbabies.  We were almost there at about 3 a.m. and ran into one of the worst snow storms about 8,000 feet up.  I won't get into how terrified and alone we felt, but I know we had angels intervene!  Seriously!!!!

I hope you all had a great, maybe peaceful, Christmas.


We left our cozy, beautiful, home.  I had to take pics of the great fire we had.  I'll miss a fireplace if we get the house we want.  It doesn't have one.



I love to wrap presents.  I bought these great, handmade tags from ebay, but you can find even better ones on Etsy.  




We packed all the beautiful gifts and headed out west.




After a seriously terrifying drive through the mountains, we arrived safe and sound.  Let the festivities begin.



The 1200 mile trip was worth it to be with my beautiful children and grandchildren.  Below is my gorgeous daughter.
 Our son drove 6 hours from L.A. to be with us.  He too is gorgeous.  What a blessed mother I am.


And how could I not mention my soul mate and husband of almost 35 years.



My lovely granddaughter looks like she's right out of the movie The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.


I wonder if he wasn't really a Kennedy.  Sweet, handsome grandson.




Our youngest will certainly be president some day.  He thinks he's big enough to drive.  Truly he does. Momma has to convince him (unsuccessfully) that he's not.





And yours truly happy as ever...cherishing the moment.
Peace to all, will write next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment